Thursday, July 06, 2006

Documenting: Past and Present

I feel that I have always loved to document my life experiences. I know I will eventually go through all of my stuff very soon and share parts of my life that I have saved (video, audio, images, drawings, sculptures, etc.) from the past.

As I relive my memories, looking at video and photographs, or listening to audio recordings, I have these moments where I am taken back to when something actually happened, so vivid in my mind.

However, now that I will be leaving soon to go to Iran (July 18th or so, I am buying my ticket today), I will be documenting my life in Iran. Last time I was there I took so many pictures, but I realize I have yet to document many of the places I am thinking of. Last time I was there, I took pictures of some of my favorite places, where I worked, a poetry reading at my house, a party at someone else's, traditional holidays, making rice pudding for religious mournings, or hanging out with family, and visiting old cities.

1 Comments:

At 7/07/2006 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you never have a stalker, like that one guy who would send you stuff to pasdaran... seth won his case today, want to call and congratulate him? i love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home