Thursday, July 06, 2006

Scenic Places to See in Iran


So, I have come up with a list of places to see in Iran. After visiting Wikipedia, and Flickr, there seems to be lack of good information about Iran. Last I checked on google maps, there was not a single dot indicating life or civilization in Tehran. I have been asked if Iran is green, whether or not people ride camels, and how people get around. I have been asked these questions since I was a kid, and I am happy to share my experiences.

Some of the places I will be going to document are:

Sareh Pole Tajrish (Tajrish Square)--These Pictures are of Tajrish during the Persian New Year, but I couldn't find that many online. I love Tajrish because of how it feels when the sun is setting, the beautiful backdrop of mountains surrounding the busy city, everyone shopping, meeting up with friends, finding a ride home, meanwhile hearing the call to prayer, or prayers that are recited only during the holy month of Ramadan, which is one of my favorite prayers to listen to.


Mountains-- I LOVE MOUNTAINS, and have grown up loving the mountains surrounding Tehran. I would go hiking with my friends for eight or nine hours till we reached the summit of Tochal, and later we would take the tele-cabin back down. I have not yet been to the top of Damavand, which is the highest peak in the Middle East--but I was religious about going hiking in the tochal mountains as often as I could...


Masouleh
, the Caspian Sea, and Kish Island are great places to see as well. One of my favorite desert towns in Iran is Yazd, which is also the center of Zoroastrian culture. There tuly is a great variety of landscape in Iran.

2 Comments:

At 2/13/2008 10:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Great blog you have started. Are there any hikes that are particularly nice in Spring?

 
At 7/28/2008 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog. I am also going to Iran this summer and I plan to take many pictures and write down the places I go to. There is a lack of such available information on line, but Iran is a GORGEOUS country and it would be nice for people to see that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home