Monday, August 14, 2006

Family Photos

Watch the video
This video clip is of my mom and her sisters looking at pictures together, and the thumbnail is of my parents.
_____________________________________________________________________

Translation:

eh! This is my mom!
And this is me! With my grandparents!

OH! WOW! (about my mom and uncle)

My mom and dad... they are so beautiful.
Oh, get this one of me and Baba Zandi [her father], Parastou!!
ok
aw,
Is it nice?
Let me see!
Did you get it well?
[laughing]
aw, my mom and dad are so beautiful here.
Let me see! Let me see!
Look at the three Hassanabadi sisters [Hassanabad is the name of the street they used to live off of]
Yes, get the Hassanabadi sisters.
This picture, just like this, it is the three of you all sitting here right now!
And here is your father. Your Mom and your Dad and us three sisters.



3 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, Parastou! Family is so important and the experience of honoring that heritage by sharing photographs is a special time. One of my favorite songs, probably the shortest song in history (30 sec), captures the essence of family, relationships, memories, and the unfortunate brevity of life itself.

Bookends by Simon & Garfunkel
"Time it was and what a time it was it was,
A time of innocence a time of confidences.

Long ago it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you...."

Thinking of you and your family,
Joy

 
At 8/22/2006 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool video. it particularly resonated because i'm in the middle of a big family photos project at the moment.

is there a video this week? i really like the ones you've put up so far.

-Andy

 
At 10/15/2006 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a really section dedicated to your parents. You never really believe they were our age once, but when you find out it is always comforting, like they really understand you.

Keep it real with family because they are there when nobody else is.

Sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home