Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hafiz Poetry

Hafiz Poetry Fortune


Watch the video
I am in Iran now! It is so great to be here, amidst family and friends, people I love, wonderful places, and really wonderful experiences.

This first video is of me and a man who is selling Hafiz poems on the street.

Hafiz is a poet from approximately 700 years ago. His poems are still a major part of life in Iran today. Sometimes the person selling them will have a bird, who will then pick the poem for you. Each poem holds words of wisdom and love of life. Before picking a poem, it is advised to first call upon the poets soul.


Click here to read some of Hafiz's poetry and see what you come across today...

2 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 3:24 PM, Blogger The Faux Press said...

This is great to know that poetry is important enough to sell on the street and has wonderful tradition behind it. Thanks for sharing this.

 
At 7/10/2007 10:29 AM, Blogger dani said...

Hi, I just came across your blog while looking for Hafiz poems for my blog. I find what you are doing very interesting. I lived in Iran for a few years when I was young & think it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The Hafiz link you have posted is one of my favorites!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home