Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hafiz Poetry

Hafiz Poetry Fortune


Watch the video
I am in Iran now! It is so great to be here, amidst family and friends, people I love, wonderful places, and really wonderful experiences.

This first video is of me and a man who is selling Hafiz poems on the street.

Hafiz is a poet from approximately 700 years ago. His poems are still a major part of life in Iran today. Sometimes the person selling them will have a bird, who will then pick the poem for you. Each poem holds words of wisdom and love of life. Before picking a poem, it is advised to first call upon the poets soul.


Click here to read some of Hafiz's poetry and see what you come across today...

2 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 3:24 PM, Blogger Faux Press said...

This is great to know that poetry is important enough to sell on the street and has wonderful tradition behind it. Thanks for sharing this.

 
At 7/10/2007 10:29 AM, Blogger dani said...

Hi, I just came across your blog while looking for Hafiz poems for my blog. I find what you are doing very interesting. I lived in Iran for a few years when I was young & think it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The Hafiz link you have posted is one of my favorites!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home